I know, I know how dare me just show up with a random Tip Tuesday and not explain why I been gone so long and not consistent. Welp, this pregnancy has gotten the best of me but that’s a story for a different day. SOON! On today we are going to talk pregnancy and fitness I’m sharing five of my tips.
1. Find what works for you- I’ve tried pregnancy yoga which is not for me I just but then I took my normal aerobics routine and cut out ab workouts and notice that my body prefers that more than being zen. Even if your thing is walking start with maybe doing a slight 15 min a day.
2. Me time- When I’m at the gym yes people stare because of my belly but I’m pregnant not an alien. It’s completely normal to hit gym while pregnant just in moderation. Gives me my time to think ohhh and be toddler free to catch up on Greys Anatomy .
3. Labor and delivery- I delivered Kai at 35 weeks, he came out 7lbs 8 oz which is pretty big for a baby at his gestational age. The one thing I remember clearly is labor being a breeze 5 hrs. I can say remaining active was a big help during my labor I was able to push without getting tired and I was able to fight through majority of my contractions. I even went hiking in LA at 6 months pregnant last time.
4. Hydrate- I recommended just taking a whole gallon to the gym yes you will go potty a lot but you and baby will be hydrated. Being dehydrated can sometimes cause contractions I’ve learned the hard way.
5. Know your limits- Look your growing life so your goal should be to just be active and healthy. Don’t try to feed into social media and be the pregnant woman with abs.
Just get going, don’t wait. I will admit it’s easiest to workout during second trimester. I’m no fitness guru but I know what works for me and I hope these tips can help you.
Bonus Tip: The more active you are during pregnancy the easier snapping back will be.